ABC COPPER PLATE SYSTEM, SIMPLICITY ITSELF USING THE PL903/4 units
|PL903S||Single PSU for Panel Plating - panel size 10" x 12" 50A|
|PL904S||Single PSU for Panel Plating - panel size 12" x 18". 100A|
- Only 4 Process Functions, plus plating.
- Wide window of operation.
- Specially developed ABC Chemistry already being used by European PCB Manufacturers.
- None of the nasty chemicals associated with other plating systems, (e.g. no Formaldehyde).
- Line time less than one hour - half that of other systems. Stable chemistry even when used irregularly.
- Minimum analysis - mostly done by replenishment (no specialist operator required).
- Very compact equipment - ideal for use where space is limited.
- Solid state controls, dual current output - plating timer - re-settable amp/hour counter.
Mega�s ABC Plating Lines are for the production of high quality Prototype and
Production quantities of Plated Through Hole boards. The process has none of
the complexities of older style methods of production which are both time consuming
and require expensive monitoring of processes on a daily basis. The heart of
the system is our patented chemistry which has only four processes to prepare
a panel to be electrolytically plated. Analysis of the chemistry is minimal,
and so simple is the chemistry, we call it ABC. The Plating Lines feature electrolytic
plating power supplies with controllers with membrane touch pad and digital
read out meters to set volts, current, plating time and amp hours.
The exact method of producing a Through Hole Plated Board is via PANEL PLATING and this is described in detail on our web site. In essence it involves drilling a blank PCB laminate, plating the holes with Copper and using Dry Film Laminate image the circuit and cover the holes to protect them from the etchant. A Dry Film Laminator and CNC drill are essential pieces of equipment for this process.
|Max. Panel Size:||12" x 10" (305 x 254mm)||18" x 12" (457 x 305mm)|
|Max.finished PCB:||11.5" x 9" (292 x 228mm)||18" x 11" (457 x 280mm)|
|Tank capacity:||Process 5L, Plating 25L||Process 10L, Plating 50L|
|Rectifiers:||PL903S 1 x 50A||PL904S 1 x 100A|
|Agitation:||Mechanical to all process stages & air to plating|
|Dimensions:||1500 x 620 x 910mm.|
|Electrics:||Single phase 220/240V 50Hz or 60Hz.|
|Heaters:||500W Silica sheath.|
|Water in:||Standard washing machine hose fittings supplied.|
|Water out:||36mm push fit polypropylene drain.|
Power Supply Features - common to all copper and lead/tin plating.
- Independent Anode set current with digital meters.
- Set plating current time 0-99 minutes, digital.
- Pause facility - disconnects plating current at any period - pressing run allows process to continue until plating time is completed.
- 0-9999 Digital Re-settable Amp hour meters.
- Sealed Membrane Front Panel Overlay with touch panel controls.
Rectifiers: PL903S 1 x 50A, PL904S 1 x 100A
The Processes Explained
|The Panel Plating Process|
| Equipment Required:
CNC Drill, or Hand/Optical drill
PL903S or PL904S Copper Plating Line and chemistry
Dry Film Laminator and Dry Film Photoresist
AZ Double sided vacuum exposure unit
Copper laminate and conventional Processing Line e.g., PB710/720 or spray process using the Jet 34d spray etcher or conveyorised processors
| Optional recommended Equipment:
A3 Light Box
Brush Cleaning Machine
- Drill double sided 18 micron copper blank with our CNC drill or with a template & hand/optical machines.
- Process the panel through the PL903S/PL904S ABC copper plating line as shown above.
- Remove the panel from the copper plating bath, rinse and dry.
- Apply dry film Photoresist to both sides of the panel using our dry film Photoresist and laminator.
- Expose dry film with negative artwork in an AZ double sided vacuum UV, using dry peel film for ease of registration.
- Develop-Etch-Strip-Immerse Tin the exposed panel in the PB710/720 process lines or conveyorised systems.
- Cut the board to the finished size using one of our precision guillotines or for complicated profiles use our CNC machine in its routing mode. Then assemble and test the board.
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed then you can
download it free using the button below.